Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mamas, Mamas All Around

See this mama bird in the birdhouse, top floor?? Her head is barely peeking out. Well, I think she is the same bird that was here last year at this time. She showed up a few weeks ago, fluttering all around the patio, chirping, singing and going in and out of the birdhouse over and over, almost like she was so excited to find her old place still here and empty. Then a few days later I saw her bring some roughage out of my flower pots to start her nest (yes, I had roughage in my flower pot and she just thought she'd help me out with it and put it to good use... smart bird). Well, anyways it's been a few weeks now and the last 2 days she's just been camping out in there all day. I'm not sure if she has laid her egg or is getting ready to, but there she is, just sitting there all alone.
I feel like I should go out there and start up a conversation with her or something. ha, I guess that really would be going loopy, hu? Well anyways, I don't know why I'm so fascinated with her except that I remember seeing her here last year at this time when Ashlyn had only been home from the hospital for a couple of weeks and I was sitting at the kitchen table eating my lunch, dead tired, all alone, and there she was in constant motion going back and forth bringing her new baby bird food over and over. I was like, you and me both sister. ha. In a very odd way it was comforting to have her there... just us mama's doing our thing.
This year, I'll have to say I'm having a lot more fun and an easier time than she is. Maybe I could go dig her some worms or something for when that hungry baby arrives. I've already poured her water and gently say hello each time we go out there. She just peeks her head out at us and as long as we don't do anything too loud or crazy she stays put. I really like her. It doesn't hurt either that she has mistaken my decorative do-dad for a beautiful two story home for her and her baby, either. again, smart bird. ;-)

3 comments:

Devoted Mommy said...

Awwwww. You found a new feather friend? Ha ha! Yeah don't you be going around talking to birds too much. Ashlyn might catch on then her friends will think she's loopy. ; ) Birds are for WATCHIN'...not talkin to. Ha ha!

Lady Blachly said...

Aw Tiffany, that is so sweet. I would love if that happened over here. That sweet little mama bird thinks that is her home! You should keep us posted on her!

Lady Blachly said...

Hey, look at what I found on this other blog I was reading today. http://www.bloomswheresplanted.blogspot.com/ You'll get a kick out of it...! (Should be the first post shown)