Monday, June 23, 2008

This is how Accidents Happen

So daddy comes in from a business trip on Sat. and just rolled his suitcase right inside the front door and into the office. The junk corner, I call it. The corner of the house where everything seems to gravitate too when we walk in the house with our hands full. The place where we always say, "oh, I'll put that away in just a little bit" and then it sits there for a week. Well that's where he put it. Nothing unusual and I'm sure with the best of intentions of putting it away by Monday morning. ha. wink.
Well, anyhow now that we have a crawler and pull-er up-er (got that?) I've just got to stay on my toes about all of these no big deal habits of ours. Just look at what happens when Ashlyn crawls right into our homemade hazard. I just happened to be sitting at the desk when I glanced over to see what she was doing and had the camera sitting on the charger next to me, so I let it unfold on it's own at first, just to see what she was going to do. Here it is:


My first thought: Awww, look, Ashlyn climbed up on the suitcase all by herself.



My second thought: Wait a minute, what is she about to do now???


My third thought: Oh My Gosh... climb the bookcase?! Uh-Oh!

"Ashlyn, no-no, get down"


Okay mommy, I'm coming down... slowly but surely.

Whew! A lesson to be learned.... never leave a climbing apparatus next to a bookcase... or anything else for that matter. Gosh, I must keep constant watch these days.

2 comments:

Lady Blachly said...

Ha! She just had to check it out real quick! See how this works? I get to learn from YOU!

Devoted Mommy said...

OMG ROFL!!! That is hilarious!!! So glad Super Mommy was there to rescue Super Baby. Man oh man I'm not looking forward to that. Let's see let's see what all do "I" need to bolt to the wall???