Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Helmet, continued....

Just to update you on the Helmet situation... WE'RE DONE!! We got dismissed today. Ashlyn's beauty head therapy is OVER. Gosh, I can't tell you how weird it feels to be normal again. This past year has been CRAZY.
I'll have to admit though, in June I started taking the helmet off except for when she was sleeping. I just kinda caved. Then, 2 weeks ago, I even ditched that idea... I really caved. I just couldn't take it anymore... I know you wonder- What's the big deal?? ...but keep in mind, we couldn't hug or snuggle her head close to us with it on for 5-6 months. Ashlyn could not feel us embrace her head, she couldn't feel putting her head on our shoulder and we couldn't even kiss it!! I mean, come on, what kind of mother could let that go on forever?? haha. I really did have some kind of weird notion that she would be forever affected over the absence of head snuggles/kisses... and it was all going to be because of that crazy helmet...
Well, I'm happy to report, absent the helmet, she really is a hugger, snuggler, AND smoocher these days... whew! In the long run, all of her measurements came out nicely and we're all happy. BUT I'm still not totally sold on the whole helmet idea (for her situation anyways), it did make her head rounder, a "little", but it only grew by like 4 centimeters (over an entire 6 months)! That was a lot of work for FOUR centimeters!! ...now what are we to do with ourselves these days without so many Dr. appts. to go to??? ...oh yea, be NORMAL. ;-)

1 comment:

Devoted Mommy said...

YAAAAAAAY!!! It's ALL over!! Way to go Ashlyn! And WAY TO GO Mommy!
You did GOOD! It seems like just yesterday you started and now it's all over. And you are absolutely right! What Mommy doesn't want to be able to kiss and feel her sweet baby's head? I hope your dr. doesn't find this post. Ha ha!