Thursday, July 10, 2008

Top 3 Things I DON'T like about being ONE...

I never know if I want to laugh or cry when these things happen... sometimes I do both (well, not cry, but pull my hair out maybe):

#3. Spaghetti... need I say more?? Oh My Goodness, even with my most conservative tidy mommy efforts it goes EVERYWHERE!! There's nothing like having a nice neat spoonful ready, mouth is open, I'm almost there and WHACK the spoon gets knocked away. What?? Now it's on the tray, the chair, the floor, the naked baby (yes, I learned after the first time, no clothes on spaghetti night). Oh and if that's not bad enough, there's the smearing it all over the tray at the end with a little rub in the hair to top things off. The kitchen, high chair AND baby needed to be hosed down after dinner tonight. If you know me, you know why this is on my top 3... I'd never survive with 3 boys.

#2. The changing table FLIP - You mommies out there know what I mean.

#3. The leaning in for a sweet baby kiss and then... no thanks mom. Hand pushes face away. Awww, sniff-sniff.

Gosh, this mommy job does not pay enough! ha. Just kidding. Ashlyn doesn't do these things very often, but I just had to share and I know you other mommies out there are laughing... I know you are. ;-)

3 comments:

Devoted Mommy said...

Aaaah ha ha ha!!!! Oh yes the changing table flip. Blake was just being a show off the other day laying there all calm and still. I should blog about how he stuck BOTH of his hands....and mine, in his diarrhea carrot poop this morning. Ugh!

Devoted Mommy said...

oh p.s. ---- i would LOVE to have 3 boys!!!

Lady Blachly said...

Lordy how I hate the changing table these days. He is so wiggly that I've started putting him on the floor and straddling him for poop changes. I'm like you with the eating, too!! I have such a hard time letting go of trying to clean after each bite. But if it didn't go in the nose, in the ears, in the hair - I might be better about it. Mommy's unite!