CUPCAKE KID
Ashlyn has had Cupcakes on the Brain for awhile now.
She has been saying
"CAKE", "CAKE", "CAKE"
at the most random of times
once it was one morning when I first walked into her room to get her out of her crib
She said "Mommy... bite... bite". I said "are you hungry?"
she said
"YES"... "CAKE", "CAKE", "CAKE"!
This all started after a couple of
birthday parties she went to recently.
She must have fell in LOVE
So after a few thousand times of asking for it...
off to the store we go...
We really needed to PRACTICE our baking skills anyways
(wink.wink)
Afterall, it will be time for another BIRTHDAY soon enough!
and Practice makes PERFECT, right?!
So, I decided to start with a box recipe
Baby Steps
for the
baby, ya know. ;-)
*she kept seeing the picture on the box and i guess she thought it was inside, because she sure was disappointed when we got started...
MIX, MIX, MIX...
Still trying to figure out where the Cake on the Box is...
...and INTO the OVEN for BABY and ME!
"coooook, cooook", Ashlyn says
Tick
Tock
Tick
Tock
We're waiting...
twiddle-twiddly-Dee
CAKE!
gently!


4 comments:
OMGosh that is soooooo cute!! What a perfect little post for her and a PERFECT scrapbook page. Wink wink! ;)
That is awesome:-) Aren't you glad you have a daughter to share these things with? THIS is why we become mommies!!!!! Ashlyn is the cutest little baker EVER! Good job getting her started early! Now, you did mention that you started her off slow with a box recipe...are you actually telling me there's another way to make cupcakes? I had no idea! Haha. Maybe that's why when Abby is old enough, I'm sending her over to YOUR house to learn how to bake. It'll be better for us all that way:-)
Yum-OOOOOO! Will you send a cupcake to me? Ashlyn's a great little baker... and I must add, that you are quite the coordinated Mom! Holding a camera for a self-portrait while monitoring a toddler AND mixing batter at the same?! Extremely impressive. :)
Ha! Yummo! Wheres mine at?!
Post a Comment