Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our Yard

Aaah, Yes, Spring is in the Air
and our yard has been HOPPING with Activities!

First, I spiced up our shady corner in the backyard with some bright new paint on our Adirondack chairs.
Next a new umbrella came as one of my birthday presents.
I was SO HAPPY!


BTW, I just turned 33!
Woo-hoo!
I have a SUPER-GREAT Husband, who granted me all my birthday wishes. ;-)
I got fun stuff for the yard...
What else could you want when you are 33 and in the back yard 90% of the day??
Well, besides the umbrella, I got a bench swing.
I've really, really been wanting one.
We've already rocked miles and miles on it.
We LOVE it! ;-))
Anyways, back to the Yard...
We've had lots of Visitors
Some are kind of Creepy
Like this Guy...


He Seems to really like it here, though.
It must be the cute new chairs.
Anyhow, we see him every few days.
Remington really wants to be his friend.
I saw them out in the yard one night nose to nose, just checking each other out, being friends.
I on the other hand FREAKED OUT and had to yank on Remi's tail to get him to stop the small talk and get back inside. yuk.


He kinda reminds me of a Koala Bear, he is so slow to move and is just quiet as a mouse.
Next, we have our Spring time Ducks. They come live on our street every year at this time.
It's really funny on a rainy day because they will waddle up and down the street... like they are dancing in the Rain.
We Love them, too.


Ashlyn gives BIG CHEERS for the DUCKS!




Ooops, I almost forgot we have MONKEYS TOO!



Oh, and Mama Bird is BACK!!!
I think it's a different Mama this year though.
She doesn't like to have her picture made near as much as last year.
But, we are happy to have her and will be watching for her babies soon enough





She's really giving me the eye in this picture. Like Back OFF LADY with the Camera.
I told her it was in her rent contract to let me take pictures.
She said she didn't remember signing papers.
I told her she could have FREE water if she was nice.
She said OKAY...


Then She Flew OFF!

3 comments:

Janice said...

What the heck is that visiting you guys? He IS creepy!!! Holy cow...don't know that I've ever seen an animal like that before! Do you know what that is? Poor Remi, just wants a friend since Chestnut is no fun...haha.

I can't wait to see your new swing!!! How fun!!! Your yard looks like a cool place to hang out...you may come home one day to find us just chillin there;-) Heehee...

Lady Blachly said...

Hey there Spring Time Beauties! That is one hip-hop-happenin' back yard! Happy Spring!!!

Devoted Mommy said...

Eeeeew a possum!!!!! Those are the UGLIEST creepiest animals ever!! We have one on our fence too and Hannah is just dying to EAT it up! Puke. Well what a fun backyard you have. No pics of the swing???? I'll be looking forward to coming over someday and swinging w/ you two. Blake loves the swing too! See ya'll soon!