Monday, July 6, 2009

SummerLove
SWIMMING,
Ready or Not,
HERE WE COME!!

Ashlyn seemed to like the water just fine last year.
I was surprised when she wasn't very excited about it when we were in Houston.
I guess a lot changes in a year, and I'm sure she does not remember last year at all.
But, whatever the problem was, I had to FIX it!
I was ready to go swimming!!

There is a great pool at the gym i go to
and
it was going to be a perfect place
for MommyLove and BabyLove to spend
some of our
Summer Days!

So, off we go...
Swimming Adventure #2!

At first Ashlyn was real excited about putting on her
Swimsuit
and
Cover-up
but
once we got there
and picked a nice shady chair
to sit our bags on
Ashlyn was perfectly happy to just
SIT
and
STARE

okay BabyLove,
we have our Swimsuits on. check.
sunscreen. check.
towels.
check.
snacks. check.


oops, and sunglasses. check.


Are you ready to take your shoes off and get in the pool?

no.


are you sure? it's like a big Bath Tub!
We can get in and Splash together!
(i'm giving it my best shot here)

Okay Mama.

(did i hear that right? i think i did!)




okay, this is a start.
She wanted to sit on the side and dangle her hands in the water.

(i was just glad she agreed to take her shoes off. ha.)

I thought it would end there for the day.
BUT....



then I actually saw a SMILE!





...and then a foot in the water?!
OH MY, this is going better than i thought it would!!




kick. kick. kick.

"Ashlyn, do you want to get in the tub with mommy??
we can kick and splash!?"

"no eggo."
(decode= no thank you)

"mommy will hold your hand. It will be fun."

"okay. tub Mama?"

"YES, it's like a tub."

"okay."


YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
it worked!
She sat by me for a while and then slowly
moved her way to the fountain.
then she was sold!
yay, for fountains and big bath tubs... or whatever works. ;-)




I think she may even be having FUN!


aaaaah, Mommy can we come back to the
TUB
again?

Yes BabyLove, you got it, anytime!


3 comments:

Lady Blachly said...

Oh my gosh, how cute! That pool looks too cool for words! Splash on, Baby Love!!

Janice said...

So sweet! So glad you have your own pool buddy now:-) Just in time to stay cool in this crazy summer heat!!! Glad you had fun:-)

Devoted Mommy said...

Awwww look how FUN!!! When can we join you two for splash time together?? Maybe baby "A" can show my baby cakes how fun the water can be. He is NOT a fan of getting in...perfectly happy to just sit on the side too. What a fun pool!! We miss you guys and would love to get together soon!
Ashlyn is just ADORABLE!!! The CUTEST little girl I've ever seen with all that beautiful blond hair and that precious smile....awww!