i recently found some great photos
of my mother when cleaning out
my Grandmother's house...
She was Homecoming Queen.
I also found this dress and many newspaper clippings
my grandmother had saved that announced all of her other achievements
during this time. She was also named
Football Sweetheart, Most Beautiful,
Class Favorite and Miss Future Farmer of America
(which i'm sure made my grandfather proud).
she must have been a very likable lady her whole life.
She always seemed to have lots of great friends, family and fun.
and still has friends to this day that check in on me from time to time.
and still has friends to this day that check in on me from time to time.
There's nothing more touching than that
to a daughter.
Having a mother who had people in her life that cared
so much for her, that they still check in on her daughter today... 15 years later.
It's truly an
Honor.
i'm not certain what this picture is all about, but it must have been
for a photo opt for her FFA achievement. My grandfather
was a farm man and I'm sure my mother did her fair share of
work on the farm but i'm fairly certain she would not normally be out in the barn
in a skirt unless her picture was being made. haha.
cute skirt though, hu?! ; )
...And she A.L.W.A.Y.S. had a big GIANT smile on her face.
Out of all the dozens and dozens of pictures i found
I'm not sure i found one that she was not smiling in. : )
1.) Her hair is brown.
There's still a funny running joke that none of us in the family will ever know the true color of my mother's hair. It changed colors frequently (always beautiful, but never the same) and Miss Clairol must have been one of her best friends as long as anyone knows. : )
2.) that this picture was taken
at my dad's hardware store back in their younger days.
and i'm fairly certain with at least 1 (or maybe 2) babies already... meaning she was a young tired mama just like me. But, she was still there helping out in some sort of way
with a big pretty smile on her face.
She loved my dad and would have carried a smile around just for him all day
long as long as she got to be there and help him in any kind of way.
They were a great team like that. Always working together
and making things work the best way they could.
3.) ORRR maybe she was just
taking a break and visiting with the employees on this day and just glad to be sitting on that stool, kid-free for even one or two minutes. haha.
(something I could see myself doing)
4.) I don't know if she knew anything about selling guns,
but with a smile on her face,
i'm sure she could have convinced any man to buy one. : )
I don't know all of her stories and I never will.
But, I know, from one mother to another and from one wife to another,
she was a great lady, a great friend, a great wife, a hard worker
and a great example for me to live my life by.
...and 15 years ago today, we lost one of the GREATEST I will ever know.
But, God has her in a better and even happier place now,
and for whatever those reasons are I will never know, but
I am content to know she is being cared for in a perfect world
because I know she deserves nothing LESS. : )
Love, Hugs and Kisses to my dad and brother today too
she would give them both many!!





6 comments:
This is a great post, Tiff. Thanks for sharing with us! Love you!
Tiffany, I loved your mother dearly. She always brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart. You are a tribute to her goodness. I love you! Aunt peg
Wow. She seems like she was a wonderful person - not surprising when you look at the daughter she raised. All you said about her and her smiles and friendly ways reminds me of someone else I know;) She is in heaven just so proud of you and the job you are doing with Ashlyn:) Love you, friend!
Janice could not have said it better! Tiff, you are the spitting image of her love & kindness and it exudes out of your smile, too. And Ashlyn also has that same little smile! Love you so much!!
What a wonderful post, Tiff. Thank you for taking us down memory lane with you. Your mom sounds like a wonderful person and I agree with Janice....she sounds like someone else I know ; ) You have her heart and her joy for sure. Oh and yes....her ability to always have a smile on her face. = 0 ) Easy to see where you and Ashlyn get that. She is definitely smiling from ear to ear day to day.....watching down on you from heaven.
Did I totally freak you out yesterday when I said you look just like your mom?! ;) I hope I didn't have much of a weirdo look in my eyes!
I love reading about her tho...and I LOVE those fun "old" black and white pictures. I stole my mom's OLD photo album to make copies of her photos and still haven't done it, but love looking over it all.
Post a Comment