Thursday, September 18, 2008

If I Could Capture a Summer Day in a Bottle, I Would

Well, Fall is almost here (technically in just a couple of days) and the long days of summer are officially coming to an end. It makes me sad. I can't help it, I'm a summer kind of girl. I love the sound of birds waking me up in the morning (when it is light out, not DARK), enjoying late night walks, having bare feet, pony tails and thick green grass to play in. Now, don't get me wrong, these first few weeks of cooler weather are amazing, something to look forward too, to revel in, to enjoy the changing of the season... BUT, then after that everything starts to die, and once again I start to long for Spring so I can see new life again. It's an awful cycle. I may just need to move to Hawaii... hey, that's an idea worth keeping! ;-) ha. Well, until then I'll just have to capture what I can in a tiny little bottle (a.k.a.- my computer) and pull it out when I long for a Summer day... especially a Summer 08' day! This summer was extra special because BabyLove also apparently likes to wake up with the birds (ha), not so great w/ the pony tail yet, but super at playing in the grass and most special of all was the sound of her bare feet pitter pattering around the house. Need I say more?? Here's my "capture" of the season:

A Saturday Morning at the Park w/ Daddy


A little bare feet in the grass time


...and in this case dirty feet and nothing but a bib and shorts on (for baby)


A little early morning snuggle bear time


...okay, this has nothing to do w/ summer, but I DID take this picture this summer and when I see it all I can think of is "Can I PLEEEASE FREEZE TIME NOW?!" I think I could wake up to this snuggly, hugging, pj wearing face everday for the rest of my life. It makes breakfast time a lot easier to get up for too. ;-)

A little diaper time before bedtime



...and while we are at it, I think we should throw in what every mom would love to capture EVERYday, so summer falls into that category too:

NAPTIME!


Can't you just feel the peace & quiet from this picture?? This was actually a clean house AND sleeping baby picture, I don't always get both to happen at one time, so I had to capture the moment. It was a good one too. wink.

Have A Great Fall Season!!

2 comments:

Devoted Mommy said...

Aw that's a GREAT post!! I LOVE IT! The feet in the grass was adorable and the picture of your beautiful home all peaceful and quiet....gosh you're so good at this! I am looking forward to winter this year actually! = 0 )
We MUST take the kids for pics w/ Santa!

Lady Blachly said...

What a sweet post! I have a love hate relationship with summer. I, like you, love the long days with evening walks, and ponytails, and comfy grass...but ahhhhgh, the heat!!! You guys are too sweet. Sorry your summer is drawing to a close! :) Love the quiet, clean house pic!