09.09.09
today would have been
my mom's 58th birthday!
A very special date indeed.
We all miss her.
Very much.
*******************
I missed her hugs when i
went off to college
I missed her creative ideas when
i was planning my wedding
I missed her home decorating touches
when i moved to my first house
I still miss her helping me organize my closet,
and
going on endless Shopping Trips together
(i've yet to find anyone who can out shop her)
I miss her watching me try on clothes for hours
(no one is as patient as your mother! ;0),
and I miss planting periwinkles with her each new Spring,
and driving through Jack in the Box for Ice Tea,
and her telling me i need to trim my hair.
But never have i missed her as much
as the day i became
a MOTHER.
it's an experience like no other.
one that makes you really crave your own mother.
But
I learned a lot from her
in 19 years
and for that I am very
BLESSED...
she taught me to
to be happy
and
to be strong
and that i am!
and now I have a daughter of my own
who I get to experience the joy of teaching
all the things that my mother taught me.
and that makes me very, very
HAPPY. :-)
I will always miss my mom
and I would like to think
she would still have lots of
things to teach me
like, how to be better at making dinner every night
or
how to keep from mis-matching DaddyLove's dress socks
or
what to wear to a dinner party
but mostly, it is just the occasional
phone call that says,
"I love you
and
I'm proud of you."
That i miss the most.
*********************
Happy Birthday Mom!
i have a new shopping partner now...
one that puts you to the test!!
and
Thank you God
for knowing
I needed a daughter
even when
i didn't know.
love,
Me


2 comments:
Now I know why you are such a great mommy to Ashlyn. Looks like you had an AWESOME teacher:-) I know your mommy is in heaven so proud of her daughter. Such a sweet post :-) *sniff, sniff*
Aw Tiff what a sweet sweet post. Sniff sniff. I've teared up. Your Mom was obviously a wonderful person because look at you. You're doing such a wonderful job with Ashlyn and both her and Todd are so lucky to have you. You're a great girl and your mom would be so proud of you. She is definitely smiling down on you from up above. Thank you for sharing that part of your life with us. I wish I would've had the opportunity to meet her. She sounds like a wonderful lady. Love you.
Post a Comment