Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Here We Go Again!
We are ready to Rock and Roll
the first full day of school

lunch box - check
closed toe shoes - check
socks - check
lunch inside the lunch box - check
backpack - check
sleepy time blanket inside the backpack - check
comfy clothes that could possible get paint/markers on them (ugh) - check

*********************************

The night before we went over EVERYTHING

to make sure there were no surprises on her big day.

we talked about eating Lunch at school

and taking a Nap

and sharing toys

and going to the Potty

we even baked Homemade Blueberry Muffins together

to take in her lunch.



She rattled it all back off to me first thing in the morning
as we were getting ready to go.
it was so cute.



yup, i have joined the embarrassing mom's club
and took pictures all the way up to the door.
ashlyn was having no part in it.
wouldn't even look at the camera.
"let's go mommy, Let's go."
"Okay. Bye, BabyLove, have a good day!"
hug.hug.kiss.kiss.

As I was pulling away, I took this picture.
Did I really just join the embarrassing Mom's Club??
and the SUV Mom's Club??
and the I'm 30-something Club??
and the I Have No Time To Even Comb My Hair Club?
No, I DID comb my hair that day, whew!
(I don't want to be in that club. haha.)
Well, anyways, something hit me like a ton of bricks.
It was like I've always seen this "Group" from afar.
I just can't believe, I'm in it now.
it's weird.
a new season of life.
(i will talk more about that in a coming post)
Anyhow, back to the Lady Bug.
She did fantastic!
She took her nap. -check
She ate her lunch - check
She shared toys -check
She was sweet as pie all day (i'm sure. wink.) - check
She did NOT potty for the teachers - uh-oh
She held it all day until i took her when I went to pick her up.
weird.
When I did take her to the Potty she said,
"mommy, I luv u so much."
"I want to go home and see Remington now"
smile.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Wow, Ashlyn! I'm so proud of you!!! So glad you had such a great first day of school! You'll have to teach Abby how to be such a good student when we make the leap and give school a try too! You are such a big, sweet girl:-)

Devoted Mommy said...

Oh Tiffany that's such a wonderful post! First day of school and she did GREAT!! = 0 ) Yay!! And that last part, her saying "i love you..." sniff sniff. Can't wait to hear how this week goes!! And yes you SOOOOOO joined the embarassing mom's club. LOL!! Hilarious!

Lady Blachly said...

That's super cool. And YOU are too funny!!