Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope 2010 Sparkles
for YOU

...all the way through!


as i was putting ornaments away
i realized all of the ornaments Ashlyn picked out to add to our tree this year
were covered in glitter.
she has an eye for shiny i guess you could say.

"sparkles" she calls them.

this is just a couple of them.

the ones i caught before they were packed away.

this train she picked out reminds me of a song by FFH

some of the lines go like this:


one of these days i'm gonna fly over the mountain

one of these days i'm gonna ride the silver lining

one of these days i'm gonna witness all i've been missing


...one of these days


One of these days I'm gonna do

All the things I've never done

I'm gonna finish all the races

That I've run but I've never won

I'm gonna see a million faces

And recognize every one


...One of these days


I'm gonna hold the keys

To the mansion built for me

One of these days

I'm gonna walk the streets of gold

That were paved for me

One of these days...


things will look above and beyond our imaginations in Heaven.

Maybe there will even be glittered trains... who knows?!


i bet there will definitely be some "sparkle".


so after some much glittered debate (well, not really)
we decided to take matters into our own
sparkly hands
and make our own glittery ornament!
i don't know who is more dangerous with glitter...
me or Ashlyn???


but here it is... the overly-glittered home-made

SNOWFLAKE
and YES, there is such a thing as TOO MUCH GLITTER


but, i wouldn't tell that to a two year old. :-)


Shine like the Stars in the Heavens this year!

love to you all!


*to hear the song click here and then click on the play arrow. sorry, i'm so not good at adding links, this is my best effort tho... :-)

http://new.music.yahoo.com/ffh/tracks/one-of-these-days--39636333

No comments: