Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!

I once read something that said
the best gift a father can give his daughter
is to teach her to be kind to other people...
because in return the world
will be kind back to her.

Always...

(daddy is putting a special flower in ashlyn's hair)

and forever.

even when she is far away from home
people will continue to be kind to her
and look out for her
and treat her well.

A true Gift.


I only see this smile when ashlyn looks at her daddy.
She is just soaking up his attention.
forget mommy.
who is she???



So far, DaddyLove has taught ashlyn
a lot about being kind and affectionate
in all his gentle ways of taking care of her.

I know my Dad did the same thing for me.

I was taught to be kind
and respectful to everyone
and to smile even when i didn't want to
sometimes,
because that is the best way to
keep yourself on a happy, healthy journey
with all the other people that you share
your path with.
In return I feel as though I have
received an abundance of kindness
during every season of my life.
For that i am VERY GRATEFUL!!

I know DaddyLove's Father
taught him some very
special qualities too
or he would not be the man that he is today.

For that, I am equally grateful!!



I know Ashlyn is toooo!!

Happy Father's Day!!!


3 comments:

Lady Blachly said...

So super sweet. I agree! She is just an angel...

Janice said...

Such a sweet post! She does have such a wonderful Daddy (and mommy!) and that's why she's such a sweetie! So glad to know you all:-)

Devoted Mommy said...

Aww sniff sniff. What a sweet sweet posting. The father daughter relationship is just the sweetest thing in the world. You can definitely see the love those 2 share. So happy for you and your life, my sweet friend.