Friday, December 17, 2010

R.E.W.I.N.D.

Somehow, i cannot keep up these days.
I'm not even sure how it's possible
with only one kid and one dog and one husband and one house,
but it's true... i can't.
Anyhow, regardless of my downfalls,
mishaps, mismanagement, whatever u want to call it
i cannot rest
without this blog being a complete journey,
(even if only a tiny smidge complete).
i gotta keep linking all the links.
restore order
not miss a beat
kinda like reading left to right...
it just has to be done a certain way.
i don't know what i'm saying.
but here are some missing moments
before i can move on to December.
Stay with me people.
Ashlyn should get an award for all the patience she has with me.
She even goes without pants sometimes,
not because she wants to but
because i won't stop doing whatever it is i'm doing for 30 seconds
and help her put them back on.
Don't worry, this was September... 100 degrees, surely.
: )
**************
And then at some point there was a Fall Party at school
that I, again, missed posting about.
Ashlyn got the award for cutest smudgiest face in the class.
I volunteered that day.
I decided on all the awards.
She got all of them.
That's just the kind of fun mom i am...
(hahaha. ok. just being silly)

This is totally out of order... BUT
Somewhere between September and October
there was an ALL ABOUT ME DAY at school
and that means Mommy and Daddy
got to go to school with Ashlyn (on her very own special day)
and bring goodies for the kids
and read her favorite book to the class.
The best part about the WHOLE day
was that Daddy came to school with her!
All smiles for sure!!
I read her favorite book
Polly's Pink Pajama's
to the class.
I totally loved that.
I felt like my old teacher self again
for about 5 minutes.
It was really fun!!!
*****************

Again, somewhere back in time, we also went to
THE STATE FAIR OF TEXAS
A family tradition for me.
Always good food
and good fun!


I was trying to talk Ashlyn into riding the Ferris Wheel.
But it was a "No, Nope, Never gonna happen" kind of answer.
That's okay.
I really didn't want to ride it either.
I was just trying to be a brave-funny mommy
and suggest it.
I'll put daddy in charge of that idea in a few years
when i think she may say YES!
: )
*********************


Next,

ASHLYN IS...

Yes, at 3 1/2 Ashlyn finally figured out
how to show her THREE fingers!
Wow, what a tricky little trick that is for the little guys.


And finally... it is
T.H.A.N.K.S.G.I.V.I.N.G!
i had 15 people at my house.
(10 adults, 5 munchkins)
I was really into decorating for it
setting the table
and cleaning the china
and silverware.
Making everything sparkle and shine.


Then I made a couple of pies

and a couple of side dishes
and

I was DONE!
Yup.
I have the cool kind of family
that brought the turkey and dressing
and all the other sides.
I'm really lucky like that.
I can provide the space
and the dishwasher
but, all the heavy duty cooking...
not quite ready for that yet.

I need to take a few more lessons
from the greater generation, for sure!

Or just maybe I'll get super lucky
and this younger generation
will be extra eager to cook for
me in a few years
and I'll get to push the 2 generations together
and squirm right out of ever having to cook a
TURKEY!

haha. yea, right!
***************
Alrighty, I think I've finally come to the end of my bloggy update needs.
I got it all off my chest.
lifted off my shoulders. eased my mind.
And now that Ashlyn likes to fix her own hair,
I have about 5 extra minutes in my day.
So, suuuuurely I can fit everything back in once again.
Right?!?

sure i can. : )

2 comments:

Ann said...

Love these updates, Tiff!! I know it's hard to keep a blog updated - mine hasn't been updated in 2 years!! haha. Love you & miss you!

Devoted Mommy said...

That was an awesome post. I know exactly how that feels and NOW it feels like you can get on with your life ;) and stay up to date on the blog. All the pics were so cute and that mommy and daddy day at school.....that's awesome! How fun!! Really enjoyed getting up to speed with the two of you :)