Saturday, November 1, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PuppyLove!

Ruff.Ruff.


Today is Remington's 3rd birthday!


he's real excited I woke him from his nap to stick
Elmo on his head, I'm a real pest like that sometimes. ha.



When we got Remington we had waited about 6 years to get a puppy. We wanted to wait until we had a yard and time for walks and such. That's why I'm so bonkers over him. I love dogs. He was such a cute puppy... a mess, but a cute mess...








He's always been goofy, I guess




When Remi was about 1 years old, we read in a book that Golden Retrievers become fully mature in size at age 2... I gulped because he was already huge. Then it said they didn't become mentally mature until age 3... I gulped again because he was still chewing the house down and rearranging our landscaping on a regular basis. Well, he finally DID stop growing at 2. As far as the mental thing goes... we're still waiting. ha.


This was at about 7 months old, at his peak of MESSINESS.


*what, did I do something wrong??*



You say, no digging in the rain??


Aww, shucks.


hee-hee. glad those days are over. ;-)


Happy Birthday Dog!
(as Ashlyn calls him)




Here's some Remi Fun Facts:


-Remi weighs 80 pounds... YES, *8*0*!

-His favorite snack is Peanut Butter



-I brush his furry little self everyday... I wish there was money to be made in dog hair collection.


-Remi has food allergies and has to eat a special dog food... ahh-humm EXPENSIVE dog food. We've been trying to find employment for him for a while now, if you know of anything let me know.


-He has a nice set of chompers and I think he can destroy anything on command.


-He doesn't know how to swim... or maybe he just doesn't want to get his head wet. Either way, it's bad. We live by the Lake! embarrassing.



-He puts his chin in my lap at least once a day... to tell me he needs a hug. His life is rough.


-He's been in dog training for 2 1/2 years and still will not sit and stay unless I have a treat. The stubbornness is remarkable.


-His favorite thing to do is to find a good stick to chew on and go for walks.


-His most devious desire is to get Ashlyn's stuffed bear and tear him to pieces. I don't know why, but he has issues with her bear.


He's a funny, funny dog.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Have I told you lately how much I LOVE your posts?? Hilarious. And I can't believe that Remy let you put that hat on his head! He can't be all *that* bad!

Lady Blachly said...

Well heck, Remi, I had no idea the big day was coming up or I would have gotten you something. Please forgive me. You're such a NICE fella. Pats and scratches to you!

Janice said...

Awww....HE was so cute as a puppy!!!!! I'll have to send him a dog bone for his b-day:-)

Devoted Mommy said...

Awwww happy birthday Remi! You deserve a good chewin on anything you like. We don't have to tell your mommy. ; ) I gotta doggie bone comin your way. He's sooooo cute Mommy Love!