I became good friends with One Neighbor in particular that happens to live directly across the street from us.
Ashlyn always squeals when she see them pull up in the driveway and her kids file out of the car and Remington beats his tail against the dinning room table.
Oh, he also growls at the UPS man when he pulls up to their house,
like back off buddy... those are MY friends. ha.
Anyways, NeighborLove is the person I'd go to if I needed an egg right in the middle of making cookies, she'd be the one we'd go to if we had a fire in the middle of the night. We'd just show up at her door and I know she would quickly gather us all up in her living room... dog and all. She's just great like that. She brings me cute clothes that her daughter has outgrown for Ashlyn, we meet for lunch, we gather for dinner sometimes when our hubbies are working late. We were just over there a couple of weeks ago for a play date and she asked us to stay for dinner and what does she serve.... Cinnamon Rolls! Our FAVORITE! Now that is a fun neighbor, hu?? We are each others back up for Kid Patrol if we need it, we bring food to each other when babies arrive, feed each other's pet, we know each other's security codes and have a key to each other's house. We consult each other on our landscaping, praise each other on how well we sheered the bushes, we remind each other when it's time to fertilize and which holidays trash is not picked up on. We plant the same flowers and know each others afternoon nap schedules. Anyhow, you want to know where I'm going with all of this???? WEll, I'll just say it.... SHE'S MOVING!! She just told me this week. I think I'm having anxiety attacks in my sleep already. How will I survive?? She's like my security blanket, my right hand mama. We peek over at each others houses at night when our hubbies are working late or traveling to make sure everything looks normal and our garage doors are closed (in case we forget... it happens sometimes) ;-)
So, she *SAYS* now that they have 3 children, they need MORE SPACE. Well, humph. whatever. I hope I can make it through my days... my weeks without her. I may have the trash out on the wrong days, weeds growing up the side of my house and burglars looking in my windows at night b/c she is gone. It's really terrifying. I'm certainly happy for them though, they have a GORGEOUS new house awaiting them and thankfully it's only about 3 miles away. A little hard to borrow an egg or have an afternoon tea on the curb, but at least I can still meet her for cinnamon rolls if I need to! ;-)
Now off to write that ad for the paper. Neighbor seeking a new Child Friendly, Yard Savvy, 24 hour On Call New Neighbor... ASAP!
So, she *SAYS* now that they have 3 children, they need MORE SPACE. Well, humph. whatever. I hope I can make it through my days... my weeks without her. I may have the trash out on the wrong days, weeds growing up the side of my house and burglars looking in my windows at night b/c she is gone. It's really terrifying. I'm certainly happy for them though, they have a GORGEOUS new house awaiting them and thankfully it's only about 3 miles away. A little hard to borrow an egg or have an afternoon tea on the curb, but at least I can still meet her for cinnamon rolls if I need to! ;-)
Now off to write that ad for the paper. Neighbor seeking a new Child Friendly, Yard Savvy, 24 hour On Call New Neighbor... ASAP!



4 comments:
Awww...Bummer! So sorry she's moving! I'm kind of bummed too even though I've never met her! Can't have too many cool moms in a neighborhood! We'll have to do some screening to make sure a nice mommy moves in. If they are not nice, I'll have Matt walk around the neighborhood in his speedo..that should scare 'em off! Haha
Tiff! I'm so sad for you. Your incredible description made ME want to have both of you as neighbors!! Maybe I'll move in?! Does Remy like cats?
Seriously, again, you're an incredible writer. Miss you. When are we gonna hang out? Maybe next week?
Oh well bless your heart! What a sad move. Like you said, at least she is only a few miles away.
I'm not even gonna comment on this post. Hmph. ; )
Post a Comment