Friday, August 7, 2009

A Picture Speaks a 1,000 Words
This picture sums up my little Lady Bug these days.
smiley.
probably squealing.
yet no doubt about to tell me something very serious and important
all the while wearing her blue sunglasses
upside down and backwards.
and if you look at the bottom left hand corner you will see a small portion of her baby doll's head.
yes, we always eat with at least ONE baby doll at the table... maybe 2 or 3 on a special day.
with their own plastic food and cups, of course.
sometimes i even find someone furry or plasticy in MY chair.
I politely excuse them.
I really never know what I will look up and see these days...
sometimes it is a perfectly quiet and content little girl coloring away.
this seems to be a favorite activity for sure right now.
she's only colored on the floor once.
thankfully it wiped right off the hard floors. whew.
anyways, this is a princess coloring book that she and DaddyLove picked out together at the bookstore.
she thinks all of the Princesses in it are dreamy.
i do too.
the only problem is that she is stuck on the color blue these days.
all of her pictures are BLUE.
did you hear me?!
????
now this was my biggest worry when i decked her nursery out in Pink Flowers.
I scared her.
Now she doesn't like pink. she likes blue!
humph.
oh well.
the other problem w/ the coloring book is that she keeps pointing to the "Prince"
and asking "Who's this Mama?"
I say, "It's the Prince"
She looks at me puzzled and says, "Who's this?", once again.
I say, "The handsome man that the Princess falls in Love with"
and once again she points and says,
"who's this?"
I give up and say...
"i don't know."
who cares, really?
it's a BOY.

Here is one of her masterpieces
that her and DaddyLove colored together.
notice all of the "blue" scribbles??
I kid you not... she's stingy with the blue.
i don't get it.
i need to go buy a box of blues, i guess.
Well, I love this picture and will keep it forever.
I think it was probably DaddyLove's first time to color since he was 5
and he and BabyLove had some good conversations over this picture.
which also included a talk about sharing...
(the blue color, of course)
it's also my first reminder that BabyLove is her own unique person
and no matter what phases she goes through
and what ideas she comes up with
it is all apart of who she is.
and i love that.
i know God created her PERFECTLY
and I'm going to believe in that forever.
...well, until she goes to pick her Prince
then i just may give a little bit of input... ;-)
My Blue Fancy Pants,
I Love You!
You are my
Angel!
*******************************************
(btw, take note in the first picture of her blue sunglasses and her blue cup. it's all day long folks. really. it gets to be comical after a while. i asked her the other day in the cookie store which cookie she wanted, as we looked through the glass case. she said...
"Blue One"
there was no blue one)

4 comments:

Ann said...

She is so ADORABLE!!!!!!!! And I love love love your stories. Keep them up! ...and at least blue's a nice color, and it's not lime green or brown, for that matter! : )

Janice said...

You are too funny!!! What a sweet little girl you have there! Even if blue is her favorite color:-) She looks like so much fun and I'm sure you are just lovin this age right now. I think we may need to keep Ashlyn and Abby apart right now though. Since Abby seems to be obsessed with trucks these days, I can't have her also love blue due to Ashlyn's influence;-)

Miss you girls and hope we can get together soon:-)

Lady Blachly said...

That little girl keeps me smiling! I've loved coloring these days, too. It's one of my new favorite past times. Except that Joseph is usually ready to turn the page before I am.

Devoted Mommy said...

ROFL!!! That was a hilarious posting! Looks like you scared her away from the pink foreverrrrrrr!! Ha ha!! Hey remember how Blake used to love everything yellow? I think they just go through their phases. I think it's adorable and I can just hear the Prince conversation now.......she is just TOO CUTE! I hope I see ya'll again soon!